Translate

Wednesday 18 March 2015

how to do legs workout?

How to do Legs workout?

Too many men worry about working the upper body to look pretty or intimidating but the real work and benefits come from hammering the legs with strength and speed and jump training. The legs are the foundation for a great athlete.


Leg training builds the powerful foundation needed to excel in almost all sports and in real life for functional fitness. Training legs is brutal and is the reason the upper body is trained more than the lower body.


How tough is leg training? Ever throw up doing bench presses? I never did as a matter of fact I threw up only one time in my life during training and it wasn't from sprints or calisthenics; it was after a set of 20 rep squats.


Leg training builds testosterone and really accelerates fat burning. Years ago I was an upper body trainer thinking training legs would make me slower, I was wrong. However, training with heavy squats, dead lifts and power cleans never equaled speed it actually seem to slow me down my legs actually felt heavier from the slow training.


The reason I was slower is because the squat, dead lift are traditionally slow-moving exercises. The power clean is a speed exercise if done correctly but most trainers do not do it correctly it looks more like an explosive reverse curl.


It wasn't until I started training with explosive bodyweight movements and speed training and dropped the slow strength training that my body started to become athletic again and my legs felt lighter.


This goes against all research but switching from slow training to more speed and explosive training my body aches started to go away and even knee pain and I had three knee surgeries.


Short explosive training is not dangerous; it's the slow training that injures people. How can that be? In real life, in sports and any functional fitness the body always moves in an explosive manner. We never think about movement until we train with weight; any other time we just react.


Train slow, and your body will get used to it and when your body needs explosive movement you will get hurt. Try this leg workout; all you need is small bench. I use a 12" stool and a jump rope.


Jump rope 50 times - jump up and down on the bench 10 times touching the ground with your finger tips each rep. This forces you to squat lower using more legs than your back.


Jump rope 50 times - 10 jumps for 20 rounds non-stop. Total jumping rope 1,000 times and 200 box jumps go for 20 minutes.


Toughness Builds Winners


Thanks for reading!

If you found this to be article useful to you or someone else, please share it with your friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment